Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Pickerington High School Central Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Ohio State University233Students
- Ohio University167Students
- University of Cincinnati121Students
- Kent State University96Students
- Miami University68Students
- University of Toledo52Students
- Columbus State Community College46Students
- Bowling Green State University45Students
- Capital University36Students
- University of Dayton35Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.54 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.53 responses
- Very Good158
I think the best part about Central is the school spirit and the sports. Everyone no matter what grade always comes out to support our athletic teams all year around. Also 8 times out of 10 you get an awesome teacher, which makes coming to school not so bad. The worst part about Central is the food. The food is just so gross and it's the same thing every week. I know a lot of students who don't even eat lunch because of it. If I could do high school all over again at Central I would. When you're there for four years you meet so many awesome people, that come form many cultures. My over all experience is pretty good. I've enjoyed it every much!
- 22 days ago
My best experience throughout high school is definitely being a part of the music aspect. After singing in a Symphonic Women's Choir for 2 years, I finally made it into the Chorale (singing and dancing choir) this year. I also am involved in the marching band, Jazz band, etc. This year, I'm even taking an AP Music Theory class! Since I am going into music, I feel like these experiences really shaped my whole future and only furthured my love of music. The downside to this school is that since there are so many new things being introduced: new systems, new grading sclae, new teachers, new rules, it is very disorganuzed and I feel like I always had to do things myself. Overall, I have made some great memories with some awesome people and will hopefully look back on high school with fondness.
- High School Senior
- Aug 27 2015
I would describe the teachers at Pickerington High School Central as very knowledgeable in the subjects they are teaching about, the teaching styles of each teacher is very different but that is good because it allows us students to learn how to efficiently adapt to different styles. The teachers also care about us students and will work closely with us to see us succeed, allowing the communication between students and teachers to be very open, causing us students to be comfortable enough to ask questions knowing we will get the best responses back. Lastly the grading styles of each teacher is significantly different but non the less very consistent.
- High School Senior
- 9 months ago