Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyB+
- Sports & FitnessA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Pioneer High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor251Students
- Michigan State University131Students
- Eastern Michigan University74Students
- Western Michigan University45Students
- University of Wisconsin38Students
- Northwestern University37Students
- University of Pennsylvania37Students
- Harvard University33Students
- Stanford University32Students
- University of California - Los Angeles29Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
- Very Good108
Pioneer is a really great school that excells both academically and in the arts. There are some teachers that aren't too great, but there are also some amazing teachers that go above and beyond. One thing about Pioneer that isn't so great is that it's kind of bad at mediums as far as class difficulties go. The advanced classesare really, really difficult, but the regular classes tend to feel way below level.
- 5 days ago
I loved the amount of class options that were provided. It allowed me to explore all sorts of topics and interests. I got to take an amazing Jewelry class during my school years there. The teacher was amazing and the experience made me want to give even more effort in school. I also got to take a psychology class. That allowed me to know more about myself and what I wanted to do as a profession later on.
- Niche User
- 4 months ago
The school I attend is a very large school, and as such, it really is hard to talk about the entire student body. While I would say that parental involvement is at an average level overall, once you begin to focus in on clubs and other organisations, then the parental involvement is phenomenal. In my orchestra, the parent organisation is incredible at raising money and at being involved. In my volunteer club, a lot of parents come in and help with the work alongside there kids. However, this is not really representative of the whole school since not all kids are in clubs.
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago