Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Plano East Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Texas - Austin623Students
- University of Texas - Dallas458Students
- University of North Texas410Students
- Texas A&M University324Students
- Texas Tech University284Students
- Collin College272Students
- Southern Methodist University267Students
- Baylor University218Students
- University of Texas - Arlington186Students
- Texas Christian University173Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.82 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.82 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.102 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.102 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.102 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.135 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.135 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.135 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.154 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.154 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.154 responses
- Very Good401
I absolutely love the experience given to me at Plano East Senior High. Especially being an african american female student at the school, I feel like I belong and very welcomed. The staff could not be any better, and the students create an environment where people feel as if they can be themselves. Yes, we have our ups and downs, our good days and bad days, but no matter what, the student body rises through the obstacle together as a whole. Despite race, religion, culture, etc., everyone knows what is right and we can without abandoning our morals, or beliefs, we overcome challenges as one student body, maintaining our dignity and character. You know what they say...winning with class!
- 23 days ago
My teachers at Plano East, are the best because they'll sit with you and teach you until you understand the problem and then watch over you work one out to see if you still need help. We do pop quiz and test very often! If you do your homework you'll do great! ALL of my teachers are willing to communicate if needed to stay after or arrive early to school for tutorials. My teachers say they love their job-not even caring about the pay. They love to spread knowledge to young and our future innovators. PLANO ISD. Has yet the best teaching staff in the nation. I love my school and I couldn't have asked for a better school of teachers.
- High School Senior
- 3 months ago
Plano East has done really well in preparing students for college. That being said, there is a lack of unity and school spirit at East because of the population, and it really weakens morale. There were also more than a few teachers who were unhappy with their jobs and unmotivated to teach. That being said, there were many teachers who shaped my high school experience in a positive way, especially the fine arts department's teachers!
- 1 month ago