Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Plano Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+521 Students
- A-337 Students
- A+326 Students
- A-314 Students
- A-255 Students
- B-211 Students
- A+191 Students
- A170 Students
- A144 Students
- A-141 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.68 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.68 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.87 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.121 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.121 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.121 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.141 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.141 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.141 responses
- Very Good351
Only a few more months left here at Plano for me—I'll be graduating as a senior this year! It's been a great experience overall, and I hands down think it's a better experience than I would've had at Plano West (I'm a transfer). Though I've loved Plano, I have to admit that the teachers, though mostly excellent, can be hit or miss. Plano is a completely open campus, and fights break out every now and then somewhere on the grounds. Admins limit some of the things students can do, though they're generally supportive. Sports kinda suck here—we haven't been competitive in awhile in the major ones. Like most high schools, the food isn't fantastic, and the facilities aren't particularly new or always clean. Can't say I've seen a ton of parents involved either.
- 11 days ago
Plano Senior high school is an overall good experience. It give the students a taste of college life so that when they finally leave off to the real world they aren't totally shocked as to how things really work. All while doing that you have amazing teachers there that put the all into each and every student, and make it their goal to push the students further than the students believe in themselves! Trust me I know as an Alumni first hand you won't regret enrolling your child at Plano Senior Go Wildcats
- 3 months ago
Plano Senior High School is one of the best high schools I know about. With a class size of about 1400 students, Plano has a very diverse population with many groups that fits everyone's needs. Plano also provides many class opportunities that many schools don't. Such as Auto Shop, Carpentry, Future Farmers of America, Engineering Design and Development, etc. Lastly, Plano does a great job with teaching students how to be college ready. Plano has many AP classes that students can take to get college credits and also get to feel a little bit of the rigor or collage level work. Plano also has counselors that students can go to if they have any questions about their life, schooling, or even get help applying to collage and scholarships.
- 18 days ago