Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Plano Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Texas - Austin521Students
- University of Texas - Dallas337Students
- Texas A&M University326Students
- University of North Texas314Students
- Texas Tech University255Students
- Collin College211Students
- Southern Methodist University191Students
- Baylor University170Students
- University of Oklahoma144Students
- Texas Christian University141Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.68 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.68 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.121 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.121 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.121 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.141 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.141 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.141 responses
- Very Good346
Most of the teachers are amazing and the students are so studious. My school had 44 National Merit Finalists this year which was actually on the lower side compared to previous years. But that just says something about the rigor of the students. It is common for a handful of students to get accepted into ivy league schools, which isn't surprising considering the number of students who go to regional, state, national, and international competitions in subjects such as debate, music, theatre, FFA, science fair, and more. The work load honestly is not THAT bad. The academics are hard only because so many students do well hence enforcing a very competitive environment. Teachers are open during lunches, and before and after school for tutorials for students who need extra help. GO PLANO!
- High School Senior
- Mar 15 2014
Plano Senior high school is an overall good experience. It give the students a taste of college life so that when they finally leave off to the real world they aren't totally shocked as to how things really work. All while doing that you have amazing teachers there that put the all into each and every student, and make it their goal to push the students further than the students believe in themselves! Trust me I know as an Alumni first hand you won't regret enrolling your child at Plano Senior Go Wildcats
- 2 months ago
I loved all of my teachers! They know what they are teaching and are willing to help you in class or outside of class. They care about the student, grade and what the student will be doing after college. It makes it unique because they involve everyone with everything, there are fun pep-rallys to help encourage school spirit. I want my children to one day go to Plano Senior High School because it is full of tradition, fun, excelling in education and just an overall greatness from graduating Plano Senior.
- Niche User
- July 5 2015