Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Plano West Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Texas - Austin658Students
- Texas A&M University373Students
- University of Texas - Dallas331Students
- Southern Methodist University283Students
- University of North Texas273Students
- Texas Tech University259Students
- Baylor University202Students
- University of Oklahoma180Students
- Texas Christian University177Students
- Rice University173Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.77 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.90 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.127 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.127 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.127 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.143 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.143 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.143 responses
- Very Good357
At Plano West, teachers and counselors prepare their students for college by providing them opportunities to take rigorous courses and delve into their interests. Furthermore, there are many clubs and activities students can participate in to pursue their passion, make connections with new people, or just have fun.
- 6 days ago
I loved how well Plano West prepared me for college. The transition I made into Texas Tech wasn't so difficult because I managed to take dual credit and AP courses in high school which helped me know what to expect from a college course.
- 9 days ago
Plano West is extremely academically rigorous, but I found many teachers there who care and want the best for the student. The wolfpack pride is nothing to look down on, and I am proud to be a member of the pack. For a big school I always felt like I knew people and that I was home! Can I get a wolfpack?
- 10 days ago