Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Polytechnic High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+627 Students
- A+459 Students
- A+286 Students
- A272 Students
- A-244 Students
- A+234 Students
- A+227 Students
- A221 Students
- C+191 Students
- A+172 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.88 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.88 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.107 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.107 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.107 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.142 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.142 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.142 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.138 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.138 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.138 responses
- Very Good354
I love my school. The people in CIC are fantastic, funny, smart and just fun people in general. I can relate to many students. My favorite experiences would have to be with the music program, especially jazz and marching band. I have been in jazz band since freshman year and currently am in the top band. The teacher is great, the people are amazing and everyone is so talented. I feel like I fit in here and I wouldn't have it any other way. If I could do it all over again, I would most definitely choose Poly. The teachers, administrators and students are overall fantastic people I love being around every day. Everyday something new and exciting happens, you never really know what to expect! It truly does all happen at Poly.
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
I came to Polytechnic School in the ninth grade, and because I had previously attended a diverse middle school, the transition to Poly, a primarily white school was difficult. However I was able to make friends easily by joining different sports teams. Overall my Poly experience has been amazing. Poly provides its students with amazing teachers, facilities, and many opportunities for the students to have fun. Whether through rivalry week, a week long competition where each grade competes against each other, school wide dress up days, or water slides and jumpers on campus. Although the workload at Poly is immense, I feel extremely prepared for college and I have the support of all my teachers whenever I need help.
- 2 months ago
Before attending Poly High School i was informed of their academic achievements and their sports program. Regarding the sports program, our student body is very interactive when it comes to football season. Every given Friday our school hold our games at Vets stadium in which we come together and support our fellow students. One experience I was able to have is when my school's football team went againt another high school by the name of Compton. Our foootball team beat them 99 to 9 ; a win that was very unforgettable. Our school is a family of diversity and intelligent minds. I would choose tis school again to walk through the hallways that shaped me and alloweed me to become the person I am today. Once a Jackrabbit, always a Jackrabbit.
- High School Senior
- 5 months ago