Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Polytechnic High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- California Baptist University140Students
- University of California - Riverside129Students
- Riverside City College123Students
- California State University - San Bernardino91Students
- University of California - Los Angeles90Students
- California State University - Fullerton78Students
- San Diego State University75Students
- California State University - Long Beach73Students
- University of California - San Diego68Students
- University of Southern California66Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.48 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.74 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.74 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.79 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.79 responses
- Very Good139
Polytechnic High school will forever be in my memories because the atmosphere of the school is very welcoming and the teachers and faculty tend to be of much help. Although I do believe the unique aspect of poly isn't in the teachers, it's the students, you are bound to find a group of friends who will have the same hobbies and like the same things. I was lucky to find that special group of friends through the school sports like cross-country and track, where everyone had the same goal of getting fit and just meet new people. If I could change anything it would be the commitment of the teachers of some teachers to help students because I have had encounters with teachers who don't really care for the students or if they understand the material. Luckily I had a low number of encounters with these type of teachers so it didn't really affect me or my experience at the school.
- 1 month ago
My overall experience at Poly had been great! With a variety of great teacher, students, staff, and so on. What makes this school so unique is the events as example the football games. Many students as well as parents would attend but the games influenced us a lot by all of us becoming a huge family.
- Niche User
- 4 months ago
Poly High School is probably just like most high schools in the Riverside area, but seems to have something that's a little different. It has of course given me hard times, but some of my best memories have come from inside the walls of Poly. On campus, it's fairly diverse in race, color, and culture all through the school which allows kids to get a taste of the different types of people that exist in this world. The staff, of course, isn't always perfect and there may be a few teachers who don't seem to care, but there are so many more that care about each and every kid in their classes and want each one to excel in academics and even just in life. So whether Polytechnic High School is right for you or not, it's entirely up to you, because for me I will always remember the things I've learned and experience at this school.
- 20 days ago