Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Poolesville High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A182 Students
- A+54 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+45 Students
- A+42 Students
- A+34 Students
- B+34 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+32 Students
- A+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
- Very Good95
Great teachers! Good Classes. However, it is a very old building, so does not have the best facilities. But the students are nice, everyone is involved. it is a very close knit community.
- 7 days ago
For the SMCS program, most ids are there for academics. Not to say they don't participate in activities besides academics, but if all of your friends are from SMCS, don't expect everyone to go to football games from freshman year. As someone who got more and more engaged as I got older, it's much more fun of a school if you get involved - go to football games, play sports, dress up on school spirit days, make friends outside of your core group. I would 100% go to Poolesville SMCS again. It's a great education, looks good for colleges, and I love the environment of Poolesville. Since the school has so many magnet programs, there isn't the regular hierarchy of cool and not cool, most people just find their own group of people they feel comfortable with and don't stress about being popular.
- High School Senior
- Dec 30 2015
My school was very unique because it is a magnet school. Because it is a magnet school, we have a lot of different cultures attending our school. Due to this, the students are more open and exposed to people of all races and cultural practices. My school is also very small with a graduating class of 102 students. The school body is really close to everyone due to the size of the school. This makes student's high school experience more personal.
- Niche User
- 7 months ago