Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessC-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyD
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
Reading Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C169 Students
- C+124 Students
- C+91 Students
- B-87 Students
- A+85 Students
- B+75 Students
- A-74 Students
- A+57 Students
- B-53 Students
- C+37 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
- Very Good64
What I like about Reading Senior High School is that when work hard to achieve high academic, you will get notice by colleges who awaits you after High School and there is alot of activities and afterschool activities you can be apart of. In most of all, diversity plays a big part meaning that if you do not speak english there is ESL classes that will adhence your language and the teachers always encourage students to thrive for success. They help you with basically anything you need help with and they will stay afterschool just to help you. They care about if you are doing well in the subject and if you comprehend what's being taught. Overall Reading Senior High School have a lot of opportunities.
- 18 days ago
During my years at Reading High School I really did grow. I started my 11th grade year and as soon as I started I never saw how much school spirit this school year shows, teachers push us to become better students, we have so much college prep opportunities. When I became a Red Knight I noticed I have changed, not physically but mentally. My grades have changed from D's and C's to getting A's and B's, CORE classes to honor classes, I knew I was no longer just an ordinary student, I am now an honors student. They also give us great opportunities as interns. Becoming an intern has changed my life because now that I will be working in an environment I want to learn so much more about I can now know what I want for my future, all because of Reading Senior High School. Once a Red Knight, I will always be a Red Knight...
- 3 months ago
Most of the teachers that I've had in passing years have gone out there way to help me, or any other student, to the best of their means whenever called upon. Until I worked a camp, which I have done recently, I never really understood that feeling- of wanting to provide for people that don't provide any physical things to you. It's the small things that go unnoticed, and I appreciate them more now. I realize now, that my teachers have been doing small things, that add up, for years.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago