Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Red Mountain High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A531 Students
- B+325 Students
- B-253 Students
- A-252 Students
- B+138 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+33 Students
- B-32 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.72 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.95 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.95 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.100 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.100 responses
- Very Good262
This school is considered an excellent high school in the Mesa Public Schools district. Though I have no other high school experience to compare it to, I must agree! The academics are excellent. I enjoyed all of my advanced and AP classes- the teachers were knowledgeable and caring, dedicated to helping the students do their best. A great variety of sports and clubs and music opportunities were offered. In fact, the choir is one of the best in the country and the softball team won the state title several years in a row! The campus was well-maintained and clean, although several things needed to be updated (like the restrooms). Ultimately, I enjoyed my experience there.
- Niche User
- 11 months ago
Red Mountain High School has awesome and helpful teachers, administrators,counselors, and other staff. The schools academics are totally great but sometimes leaves no room for improvement. The school lacks diversity and more union between students to make it a better school!
- 1 month ago
When you first come to Red Mountain, you notice the variety of diversity. The community comforts and accepts the type of person you are. The comrade and support from our school are the two best features about Red Mountain. Preparation for college is best to start in high school so with the aid from the entire Red Mountain staff, they genuinely care and lead the students down that right path. From the day I started, I have been in contact with my counselor. We have meetings whenever I have a question or simply because she is willing to take the time to discuss all the information need for my future college. On the other hand, the overall spirit in our school could be stronger. Attending the pep-rallies, and watching the announcements creates an overall cohesive community. Our student council does an amazing job at generating school spirit, but our teachers need to be resilient to the idea that partaking in school spirit develops the culture of our school and the well-rounded student.
- 3 months ago