Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Kilgore College42Students
- Tyler Junior College24Students
- Stephen F Austin State University23Students
- University of Texas - Austin23Students
- University of Texas - Tyler22Students
- University of North Texas20Students
- Sam Houston State University19Students
- Texas Christian University18Students
- Texas A&M University15Students
- Baylor University12Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
- Very Good24
I have been pleased with my academic opportunities at SHS. The administration is impeccable in its ability to work with students around their busy schedules in order to participate in their extracurricular activities. There is also a heavy emphasis on academics at SHS. In the last four years, I have seen a dramatic improvement on the part of the counselors to prepare students for college. I truly believe the desire among Sabine's faculty for students to proceed to and succeed in higher education has grown tremendously. Our agriculture classes and programs have exploded in the last four years, and I’m extremely impressed. I would like to see more encouragement for participation in fine arts and for students not to quit participating in them. I would also like to see a stronger emphasis on students who want to immediately enter the workforce or attend a trade school.
- 7 days ago
Sabine has both good and bad aspects, but when it comes to what really matters--education--the school is lacking in teaching material that will help students in higher education outside of Kilgore college.
- Niche User
- 3 months ago
Some of my favorite experiences happened at my school because of the curriculum we have. I was able to find out what I wanted to do with my life because my school offers digital media and other computer science classes, and the fact that are school has an online newspaper has allowed me the chance to get some practice in the field of my choice.
- High School Junior
- 6 months ago