Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesD+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
San Luis High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-359 Students
- A319 Students
- B-256 Students
- B+247 Students
- B+60 Students
- A46 Students
- C+34 Students
- B-30 Students
- A+30 Students
- B28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.64 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Data not available
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
- Very Good144
Honestly, I LOVED my high school experience! I was so involved in school, with Student Council my four years & the sports i did such as Track & Field, Cross Country, and Wrestling. I also had a job in the school. Plus, i was involved in school events such a SLHS Top Model for two years.
- 3 months ago
The extracurricular activities at my ex-school I think are actually pretty good because there is plenty to choose from. The level of commitment you're supposed to put in is your 100% because practice hours are pretty long but worth it. Even though we're only recognizable for one sport, I still enjoyed practicing. Practice makes perfect and that's what they taught us. I was only involved in one club and I really enjoyed it since we got to go to different places and volunteer which was very fun experiences. My favorite sport I would say would be cheerleading but to go watch would be wrestling since they were really intense. The coaches I had were also very good ones since they were all involved in that sport which made them know how to teach us!
- High School Senior
- Apr 8 2015
Even with the language barrier, most students speak both Spanish (pre-dominantly) and English, teachers still find ways to engage the students and adhere to their struggle with the language as well. The class material is presented in an organized fashion which promotes learning within the students and staff alike. Outside of the classroom, teachers cater to extracurricular and sports and stay for a longer amount of time for tutoring.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago