Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+88 Students
- B79 Students
- A+76 Students
- B63 Students
- B+53 Students
- A-52 Students
- A-51 Students
- B45 Students
- B+39 Students
- A-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
- Very Good59
There are quite a few extra-curricular activities to choose from. The budgets aren't usually too great; football definitely receives the most support from the administration. However, I still really enjoyed the organizations I was involved in--PALs, NHS, and band. There are also foreign language clubs, ping pong club, rock club, choir, art, power lifting, and the drill team. The sports offered are softball, baseball,basketball, track, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and of course football. My senior year a really awesome student section formed called "the green machine." They would go support the different sports and always had great energy, it was really cool to see the students come together and have school spirit, which we never seemed to have much of before.
- Niche User
- 8 months ago
At Santa Fe High School, there was a variety of subjects and extracurricular activities to choose from. Personally, I chose the advanced placement (AP) and music route. One thing I noticed about Santa Fe High School was that the school was more invested in having a great football team than anything else. The fine arts programs were always getting the leftover budget even though they were gaining success. The football team, no matter how much the school put in money, were not and are not successful. Having the school care more about all the extracurricular subjects, verses the one, would be nice to see.
- 3 months ago
My time at Santa Fe High School was like another high school experiences. You had the cliques that ever school had but at Santa Fe there was a deference. We where all connected and didn't discourage others, you had your groups but we where one tribe. Over the years we have gotten bad publicity for our school, but the students have done many things to make up for it. The students are given many opportunities to better themselves and to improve others experiences at Santa Fe High School. This past year we have been able to donate so much to people in need and have been able to create a sense of unity throughout the school by having an equal opportunity for everyone to be able to do something that the enjoy or fit in with. All and all Santa Fe High School has had an overall great experience for me, but like all schools it has its flaws.
- 16 days ago