Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Texas - Austin88Students
- Sam Houston State University79Students
- Texas A&M University76Students
- College of the Mainland63Students
- Texas State University53Students
- University of Houston52Students
- Texas Tech University51Students
- Alvin Community College45Students
- Stephen F Austin State University39Students
- Texas Christian University35Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
- Very Good58
I will admit the administration and policies are not the best but it is home to me and I will love it no matter how bad it is. The teachers are great. I usually stay for tutorials a lot. One time a teacher stayed with me until after dark to make sure I had a good grade. The administration however is not as good as it was during my first year here. They focus too strictly on the book rather than determining wat is truly right and wrong. This makes the administration's ability to lead, weak, and flushes their reputation and public confidence down the toilet. On the other hand our school is quite good at keeping the discipline in check. There is no possible way to away with wearing something out of dress code. Theyre policues are also very effective on containing violence. In all the years I've attended this high school, I've only seen one fight. Thats better than any other school in the whole area!
- High School Senior
- July 29 2013
There are quite a few extra-curricular activities to choose from. The budgets aren't usually too great; football definitely receives the most support from the administration. However, I still really enjoyed the organizations I was involved in--PALs, NHS, and band. There are also foreign language clubs, ping pong club, rock club, choir, art, power lifting, and the drill team. The sports offered are softball, baseball,basketball, track, volleyball, soccer, tennis, and of course football. My senior year a really awesome student section formed called "the green machine." They would go support the different sports and always had great energy, it was really cool to see the students come together and have school spirit, which we never seemed to have much of before.
- Niche User
- 7 months ago
The cafeteria is relatively large, but the lines where food is actually purchased is a small area and it takes at least five to ten minutes to actually get the food. There are vegetarian options and healthy option, such as salads, fruit bowls, turkey wrap sandwiches, peanut butter and apples, etc. There are few dietary accommodations, but most people that are vegetarian or vegan eat salads, french fries, or bean and cheese burritos. There is a pretty good variety, they have hamburgers, pizza, egg rolls, chic-fil-a, snacks, healthy and unhealthy options, sodas, waters, teas, and lemonades, popcorn shrimp and chicken on occasion with broccoli and mashed potatoes or rolls, and spaghetti with marinara or alfredo sauces.
- High School Junior
- Apr 26 2015