Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Santiago High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- California State University - Fullerton237Students
- University of California - Los Angeles214Students
- University of California - Irvine202Students
- University of California - Riverside185Students
- San Diego State University173Students
- University of California - San Diego155Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara151Students
- California Baptist University148Students
- University of San Diego143Students
- University of Southern California143Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.56 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.88 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.93 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.93 responses
- Very Good247
Even though our school supports both sports and the performing arts, it places an emphasis on sports; the performing arts do not get enough recognition and praise that they deserve while sports are advertised everywhere in the school. Many students do not know enough about band or choir and the competitions they win because the student government hardly spreads the information out to the student body. A few months ago, a staff member came into our government classroom handing out free t-shirts when for every question answered correctly. They were all sports questions: about CIF, which athletes got scholarships for athletics, and the sort. Towards the end, the entire class did not know the answers, and he says something like, "Come guys, you guys should know this! Football is the pride of our school!" It seemed as if band and choir, both organizations at our school who do really well, are not recognized at all. It would be great if both staff and the student government can appreciate the performing arts more and encourage students to take part and keep up with the accomplishments they achieve.
- Niche User
- Jan 20 2015
Within the confines of the high school education system, the promotion of scholars, achievers, and champions is commonly expected. Santiago High School accomplishes this task and shapes thousands of young adults into successful, strong-minded individuals every year. The Santiago teacher faculty not only manages to enlighten the minds of the students, but it also encourages positive behavior and morale. The student body is multifariously diverse, including a multitude of cultural, academic, and athletic backgrounds. I am proud to be a part of such an amazing high school. Go Sharks!
- High School Senior
- Sep 27 2013
There is almost every major sport that you can think of played at the school. Their wrestling program just got revamped with a new gym and coach. The girls soccer program wins league just about every year but it is not because of the coach, it is just the amount of talent that is present in the girls that attend the school. Both the baseball and softball programs are phenomenal and softball usually always wins CIF. Swimming and water polo teams are excellent too! Every year we have swimmers that place into state and teams that go to CIF.
- Niche User
- Feb 28 2013