Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Savannah Arts Academy Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+307 Students
- B-178 Students
- A-142 Students
- A+102 Students
- B+98 Students
- B88 Students
- A-87 Students
- B-72 Students
- A+67 Students
- B+64 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.57 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.57 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.61 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.81 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.81 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Data not available
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.80 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.80 responses
- Very Good223
Savannah Arts Academy is an exceptional high school, which focuses on artists and musicians. The classes are laid out much like a college, with studio classes being a priority. I believe that this helps the students stay focused on their passion and helps them realize that school is not "just about academics". The teachers push their students to do their best and the counselors do a great job in helping the upper-class prepare for college. Let's not forget Mr. Lockley - he is the best principal any student could ask for! He connects with the kids on their level and is always available to ease a dispute between teachers and students whenever necessary - somehow he always finds a way to satisfy everyone's needs. Did I mention the building? It is a piece of artwork in itself, an inspiration to young artists with its decorative columns, high ceilings and large windows. I cannot say enough about this school, it has been a true blessing.
- 3 months ago
The teachers at Savannah Arts are top-notch. They are all quite knowledgeable in their subject areas. All of the teachers I have had do a great job at have a variety of teaching- they present the information in different ways to allow students the opportunities to learn in a way they can best retain the material. There have only been a few exceptions to this, but I believe that has mostly been dealt with. Different teachers have different consistency in grading. Teachers who have mostly underclassmen are relatively good at being quick with grades due to the level of material they have, but upper level classes understandably have a lag in the grading process. Teachers do their best!
- High School Senior
- Dec 21 2015
Coming from homeschooling, my public school experience was awesome! I kept up easily with all my classes, became more socially active, and met irreplaceable friends. My favorite experiences have to be around AP exam time, when everyone would band together like an army readying itself for battle, except instead of swords and shields our weapons would be review books and flashcards and endless supplies of coffee. It was nice to have a "We're All In This Together" moment.
- High School Senior
- 10 months ago