Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Scotlandville Magnet High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Louisiana State University215Students
- Southern University & A&M College196Students
- University of Louisiana - Lafayette171Students
- Tulane University90Students
- Southeastern Louisiana University81Students
- University of New Orleans73Students
- Loyola University New Orleans71Students
- Louisiana Tech University53Students
- University of Texas - Austin46Students
- Texas Tech University41Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
- Very Good76
My experience at Scotlandville Magnet High was very fun when I first entered my freshman year. The Student Government Association did a wonderful job with making my high school experiences fun. Although, there were some teachers who didn't really care about some of our educations there were some who went above and beyond for us. If I could change some things it would be how some of the dean's treated some students , such as the way they spoke to them. Overall my experience at Scotlandville was awesome and I'm glad I chose to attend it.
- 1 month ago
I have had an incredible experience at Scotlandville Magnet High School. From athletics to academics, everything is top notch. I have had the pleasure of participating in the engineering program at Scotlandville. I must say it's the best in the East Baton Rouge and possibly the state. I would recommend it to anyone.
- 1 month ago
Scotlandville Magnet High School is a great school to attend epesically if your interested in engineering or law. Scotlandville has one of the most high rated engineering programs for high schools in Louisiana. Being in the engineering program is one of the best things for me. We participate in so many real life projects and activities to help build our knowledge. We are also exposed to many engineering fields as well. Students also have the opportunity to do internships their eleventh grade year with an engineering firm. The law program is also a good educational program. Students participate in amply debates and they also travel and attend different mock trials. Overall I would choose this school again mainly because I was exposed to engineering which is possibly the career field i choose to go in. Only reason i would've chose to go to another school is because i don't feel like the teachers and classes fully prepare us for colleges. Our core classes aren't as challenging as I would like them to be. Also by me being in the engineering program I feel like I should be taking classes with honors students and given work strictly for honor students. Scotlandville Magnet High School has it's pros and cons but overall the pros out weigh the cons and that's why I would choose to go again if I could.
- High School Junior
- 9 months ago