Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesD+
Simi Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-127 Students
- A+110 Students
- A+91 Students
- B87 Students
- A-81 Students
- A+60 Students
- B+59 Students
- A59 Students
- A58 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.34 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Data not available
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
- Very Good136
Simi Valley High School has it all: academics, athletics, and the arts. As a member of many organizations on campus (varsity cheer, leadership, California Scholarship Federation, National Honor Society, and Safe Schools Ambassadors), I know the ins and outs of the school and can fully appreciate everything that the Simi High staff does to make my school fun for everyone. Last year, Simi was ranked the number one high school in the nation for school spirit and its pioneer pride has only gotten stronger with each Friday night football game. Simi Valley High School is the largest school in its district but still manages to make every student feel welcomed and a part of the SVHS family. What makes my school so great is that the overall atmosphere is inviting and inspiring to those who want to enjoy high school while receiving an education. I would not change anything about my school or the high school experience that it has provided me with.
- 3 months ago
My experience at Simi Valley High School has been awful. There are only a handful of decent teachers. A majority of the teachers at Simi Valley High School do not care about their students grades. One teacher has had almost half of his math class fail, and the counselors put students who did fail said math class back into that teacher's class which means they will either barely pass or fail it because the teacher does not teach his students. The math teachers need to be changed. The textbooks at Simi Valley High School are outdated which can render their information as useless.
- 18 days ago
I really did have fun at school. There were always activities before, after, and during school for the students. We always had rallies at school for competitions against other schools but the school also made education important in the eyes of the students. If the students passed their exams by a certain percentage, rallies and little celebrations would take place. There was always things to help encourage the students to do better. The school staff ensured that the students had different programs including plant science, choir, dance, sports, drama, art, and medical. My school has a program called HOSA (Health Occupations Students of America). It was a medical competition against other schools and other states. I attended HOSA. School would begin at 6 in the morning and then we would go back to our school schedules with other students that did not have before-school activities. I am now in college and I remember everything that I was taught while being in HOSA. Most importantly, I learned what I am capable of doing in life and am more than comfortable stepping out of my own comfort zone. I am receiving excellent grades because of the benefits that are received by Simi Valley High School.
- Niche User
- June 30 2015