Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC-
South Aiken High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of South Carolina185Students
- University of South Carolina - Aiken162Students
- Clemson University121Students
- College of Charleston80Students
- Aiken Technical College59Students
- Winthrop University44Students
- University of Georgia39Students
- University of South Carolina - Beaufort33Students
- University of South Carolina - Upstate30Students
- Lander University24Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
- Very Good69
While there are always exceptions, most of the teachers at my school do just a hair above the bare minimal. This is especially prevalent with teachers that have less challenging classes and the freshman. Teachers had no given authority over the students which lead to class often being unruly. This discouraged many teachers from continuing to try and hurt the few students that were there to increase their knowledge. In most of the AP classes offered, teachers put in more effort, but several of the teachers didn't have adequate understanding of their subject to be able to teach it.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago
I sort of wandered through crowded lower-level classes, not knowing what I was doing and not really learning. I had to decide to push through the crowded classes with little individual attention and learn for myself with online resources and extra studying. Later on in my years, I saw the classes get smaller and more specialized, and the attention that would have helped the younger me was there. The smaller groups also helped socially. In my earlier years I sort of hid in the mob of others, not wanting to be seen or heard. I mostly doodled in my notebook rather than participating in class. In contrast, my upperclassman years had me flourishing socially, contributing in class, and wanting my ideas heard. The school's facilities sort of stayed the same mediocre, the walls were concrete like some sort of Fort Learning, with tall, gaunt windows in the corner of outer classes. Overall, the experience was okay, however smaller classes in lower levels would have vastly improved my experience.
- High School Senior
- Sep 5 2015
South Aiken High is a great workplace for students to come and learn . It provides all the day-to-day life skills and much more. They give us a way to enjoy ourselves while learning. It's incredible!
- 1 month ago