Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
St. Petersburg High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Florida243Students
- University of South Florida212Students
- University of Central Florida157Students
- Florida State University150Students
- St. Petersburg College107Students
- University of Miami83Students
- Florida Atlantic University61Students
- University of South Florida - St. Petersburg52Students
- Yale University39Students
- Duke University37Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.26 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.44 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
- Very Good147
Upon attending St. Pete High School, I can say with out a doubt it was a new experience for me and I loved it. The different types of classes there brought out different studies of knowledge. The teacher there are dedicated to their students and care for their success. One thing that is important to St.Pete High is tradition. Every year all the students participate in different traditions that's been alive for decades. These traditions will never die and is apart of the history of the school. Clubs are a big deal in this school because it helps you meet new people and make new friends. Student clubs is one of the reasons why I love St.Pete High because it brings people together.
- 2 months ago
There were experiences that made this school enjoyable, sporting events, becoming friends with teachers and fellow peers, but there was once a sense of tradition that was very valuable at one point in time, that rapidly declined in the short time I attended. The school itself is of beautiful, historic design, but outdated air conditioning, plumbing, and cleanliness. I would choose to attend there all over again if I had to because comparatively to what I've heard it's still light years better, safer, and more educational than the surrounding schools in my area.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago
My Sophomore year I had an excellent Chemistry teacher. She was the best! She made learning Chemistry fun and manageable to learn. She made sure we understood the information that she was teaching and would do well on the homework and tests. She went out of her way for her students and was always available to help students when they needed it. She was definitely one of the better teachers that I had in high school. The art teachers were also very good teacher and made their class fun and made you work for the grades that you earned. They are one of my better memories and St. Pete High
- Niche User
- 10 months ago