Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
State College Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
- Penn State403Students
- University of Pennsylvania93Students
- University of Pittsburgh47Students
- New York University38Students
- Yale University38Students
- Cornell University34Students
- Georgetown University33Students
- Lock Haven University32Students
- Bucknell University28Students
- Carnegie Mellon University26Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.32 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
- Very Good207
It was alright. I enjoyed the school and appreciated the funding that was given. I would go to the school again because of that reason.
- Niche User
- 3 months ago
This school provides tons of great opportunities for the students here. This school is unique because State High and Penn State have so many close ties, so students from the high school get to work directly with the university. I would choose this school again if I had to do it all over again because there are such a wide range of classes that it really prepares you to go off to college. The classes also let you explore different career options. It isn't "the best" option because of the construction. In the long run, the construction of the new school will be good for students and the community, but right now it's a nuisance for students and staff.
- High School Sophomore
- 4 months ago
I really liked State High and it was easy to get involved in different organizations and clubs. There are so many opportunities available through this school, and they offer a lot of different electives that you can take and figure out what you're interested in. The students can be clique-y sometimes and the administrators can be very biased when it comes to athletes and wealthy students but not so much that affects your education just in punishment for them.
- Niche User
- 5 months ago