Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA-
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
State College Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Penn State411Students
- University of Pennsylvania95Students
- University of Pittsburgh49Students
- New York University39Students
- Yale University39Students
- Cornell University37Students
- Georgetown University33Students
- Lock Haven University32Students
- Carnegie Mellon University29Students
- Bucknell University28Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.72 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.72 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.77 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.77 responses
- Very Good216
I really liked State High because of the many elective options and all the teachers were very nice. At the beginning of my junior year my school switched to block scheduling which everyone really likes. I would change the construction going on around the school because it gets very loud sometimes and can be distracting.
- 9 days ago
Students will always find something to complain about, but what they don't realize is that any change that takes place is in their best interest. I'm very lucky to go to such a great high school and others should be as well.
- High School Senior
- 30 days ago
The students at this school were part of the reason I didn't have an amazing experience. I found that there were a lot of "cliques" so it was hard to branch out from your friend group. The administration was chaotic most of the time and during my 4 years there, I had several different principals. The administration wasn't very kind to the students and they killed the spirit of the students by not letting us participate in certain traditions to show our spirit. It was such a disappointment.
- Niche User
- 2 months ago