Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Stony Point High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+301 Students
- B+235 Students
- A+192 Students
- A-134 Students
- B-125 Students
- A-111 Students
- A108 Students
- B102 Students
- B+96 Students
- B74 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.50 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.50 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.57 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.78 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.78 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.87 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.87 responses
- Very Good165
Stony Point was better than I thought it was going to be. But I enjoyed public school so much! I was in choir, and I was so happy I was, they were like a second family. Teachers were great at listening if you were having a problem, and wanted to help you find a solution. Mr. Hernandez was a great principal, since then he has left. But he was absolutely fantastic at running the school and making the kids feel like we mattered. I loved Stony Point, my experience there was one I will always cherish.
- 26 days ago
Since my first year at Stony Point, I have had a wonderful experience, especially since I decided to join the International Baccalaureate program. Even in ninth grade, my classmates were friendly, the teachers were helpful, and the overall school environment was welcoming and enjoyable. There is a variety of courses and academies available for students to take, the food is pretty good, and there are many clubs that one can join. Although the workload for IB and AP courses may be heavy, the teachers and counselors do all they can to help you out through the process, and the courses are interesting and engaging. Lastly, the College Forward program at Stony Point has been really beneficial because it allowed me to improve my writing and test-taking skills and also be informed about colleges, financial aid, and scholarships. On the other hand, I believe there should be more entertaining school events and better promotion of the IB program, since there are few people currently in IB.
- 2 months ago
I have been at Stony Point for the last 4 years. I have fallen in love with the traditions and the teachers and just the student body as a whole. No matter how hard academic life can get, there also plenty of activities, clubs and extracurriculars that can help you relax and let you do things that you're not able to do an academic environment. Some of my favorite things that we have is our signature dance called the "booty drop" and also our principal is one of my favorite things because I have been with him since middle school and he is just an awesome principal and is able to create positive change in an environment that is not always positive
- 19 days ago