Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Sunny Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of California - Los Angeles250Students
- California State University - Fullerton215Students
- University of California - Irvine205Students
- University of Southern California181Students
- University of California - San Diego153Students
- California State University - Long Beach152Students
- University of California - Berkeley136Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara125Students
- University of California - Davis108Students
- Stanford University98Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.41 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.44 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.63 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.63 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
- Very Good173
Being a part of Sunny Hills' EPIC program opened so many doors and opportunities for me that I would not have gotten elsewhere. As a junior, I had the opportunity to be a part of the school's FIRST robotics team where I learned valuable skills in the engineering field like 3D modeling with Autodesk Inventor Pro, and raised over 35 thousand dollars with my team to manufacture a robot and compete against teams from around the world. The department chair of our engineering courses also granted me and my classmates a once in a lifetime opportunity to intern for companies like Raytheon and Boeing during the summer, where we got valuable first-hand experience in the industry. The faculty at the school are always open to new ideas and will support students in any way and every way possible. Due to overwhelming parent and faculty support, my friends and I were able to host Southern California's first 24-hour hackathon for high school students, and had over 250 student attendees
- 26 days ago
I moved here my junior year and decided to attend Sunny Hills High School. This is a blue ribbon school with a very good education system and amazing teachers. The students here are also very accepting and kind and you will almost immediately find great group of friends. Not only is the education here good, but so are all the programs they offer. This school offers IB, AP, and Honors classes to get you ready for college. They also offer a leadership program called ASB, associated student body, this helps with meeting new people and getting to make this school better in many different aspects. With this being said, you also help plan the school dances and all other school functions. So, if you are looking for a well rounded school that offers great education programs and classes and also a ton of sports make sure to come to Sunny Hills and join the Lancer family.
- 2 months ago
Despite Koreans being the majority, difference races hang out together. I loved the art programs here! They really push and help kids pursue art!
- 2 months ago