Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Data not available
Sussex Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Delaware204Students
- Delaware Technical Community College - Owens60Students
- Delaware State University48Students
- Salisbury University44Students
- Wesley College41Students
- Penn State40Students
- West Virginia University32Students
- Wilmington University32Students
- University of Pennsylvania31Students
- Liberty University29Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.65 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.73 responses
- Very Good162
Since I transferred to Sussex Tech my Sophomore year from Cape Henlopen High school, I experienced a great change! Life at Sussex Tech has been more than pleasing! I've never felt threatened in my environment or by any individuals. Whenever there has been 'rumors' of a 'fight' at Tech, the administration handles it before anything gets out of hand, usually through our mediation program. I've never witnessed bullying here, although people are mean online. Luckily though the administration takes it very seriously and involves the police when they think that things have gone too far. I feel much safer at Tech than I did at Cape, and I love being in such a positive community in high school.
- High School Junior
- Mar 6 2013
At tech we pride ourselves with having a club for everybody. We having a gaming club, a gentlemen's club, a club specifically for females called Ravens Rise, we have a key club, and are in the process of developing a FOR (friends of Rachel) club. Each club is headed by an amazing advisor who truly wants each student in the clubs to prosper and feel welcome. Each club puts on a variety of activities and events from dances, to game competitions, to school trips and much more!
- High School Sophomore
- 10 months ago
I'm very pleased with Sussex Tech HS. I have found this school to be very challenging for my child and the teachers are very interactive, not only with my child but with the parents. Sussex Tech's goal is to make sure each and every child is prepared for what ever they choose to do after high school whether that be go to college to enter the work force. I could not be more happy about my child attending Sussex Tech HS. One of the best decisions I've ever made!
- 10 months ago