Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Data not available
Sussex Technical High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A204 Students
- B-60 Students
- B-48 Students
- B+44 Students
- C41 Students
- A+40 Students
- A-32 Students
- C+32 Students
- A+31 Students
- A-29 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.43 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.65 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.73 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.73 responses
- Very Good163
Students from all over the biggest county in Delaware, Sussex County, flock to Sussex Technical High school in the hundreds. If you live in Delaware, chances are you know someone that attends Sussex Tech, or went to Sussex Tech. The reasons so many students enroll in the school is because of the overall atmosphere and academics offered. Because of the wonderful Staff, the possible can happen. The cafeteria ladies cook the food and clean the area we eat in. The janitors make sure everything is nice and clean. The guidance counselors help students with problems they may encounter. Currently mine is helping me get through the stress of college application month. The teachers really connect with the students to teach them the material. They are passionate about their job and their ability to inspire their students to learn more. The school offers a magnitude of sports for students to get involved in. Overall Sussex Tech has been the best choice in schooling for me.
- 2 months ago
At tech we pride ourselves with having a club for everybody. We having a gaming club, a gentlemen's club, a club specifically for females called Ravens Rise, we have a key club, and are in the process of developing a FOR (friends of Rachel) club. Each club is headed by an amazing advisor who truly wants each student in the clubs to prosper and feel welcome. Each club puts on a variety of activities and events from dances, to game competitions, to school trips and much more!
- High School Sophomore
- 11 months ago
What i love about Sussex Technical High School is that it is an unique educational experience that is unlike anything within Sussex County. Firstly, Sussex Tech is a' vocational tech' high school; its main focus is around its tech area classes, which have actually grown in the 4 years that i have attended. It helps prepare you for jobs that otherwise wouldn't be considered when going to college. And beyond that, when you graduate, in most tech areas you are certified in your chosen field, and can enter the work force almost immediately out of high school, depending on the tech area. For example, I am part of the Graphics Design tech area, and even before I have graduated, I already have my certification in Delaware to be a professional graphics designer, which I've already put to good use as I already have my own company, which was created in partnership with my tech area.
- 2 months ago