Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Tascosa High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-192 Students
- B185 Students
- A-164 Students
- A+146 Students
- A-95 Students
- A+83 Students
- A-68 Students
- A55 Students
- A49 Students
- B+40 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.33 responses
- Very Good76
There're many types of club; surely you'll fit into one. There's art club where you get to design many objects , draw , etc. Be creative in this club .A similar club to that is Anime club . It's about drawing cartoon like characters and making a story around them. It could be a make believe character or an actual person . Most anime creations are make believe. Another great club is F.I.S.H. This is a club to the help the hungry friends in need. They work with any type of race ,sex , etc. They help everybody that's in need. There's clubs usually just meet once or twice a week . Some clubs travel to places so these clubs take great commitment. However, most clubs relatively just meet once a week in a classroom to discuss events . The most popular club would have to the multi-culture club .This club is picked by many students because everybody could contribute something .
- High School Senior
- 4 months ago
Our school win the award for best involving or volunteering in fishclub. We have vey excellent clubs. The level are very high meaning that so many people involve in. We have key club, student council, national honor society, French honor society, Spanish club , art club and many more and they're all successful!
- High School Junior
- 11 months ago
I loved the diversity of the school. That was probably the main reason why I chose to attend there. Another big reason was the number of AP classes offered. I took almost every single AP class Tascosa has and in college, I am classified as a junior by the time I reach the second semester of my freshman year due to the amount of credit hours that I have (and being classified as an upper classmen in college has its perks). I wish that the administration could be more thoughtful and responsive to the student body and I also wish that we had more school spirit than when I was there.
- 2 months ago