Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Taylorsville High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-254 Students
- B-153 Students
- B+143 Students
- B-95 Students
- C+68 Students
- B63 Students
- B-63 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+59 Students
- B-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
- Very Good109
Taylorsville High School was the high school that I chose to attend. When deciding where to go, I had to keep in mind that I was planning on being a high school athlete- and with that there would be a lot of back and forth travel. Since THS is closer to my home, it is where I chose to go. Honestly looking back, I am SO happy with my decision. Overall Taylorsville isn't a very "popular" school to attend. The athletics as a whole aren't outstanding, the building is older, and many of the teachers were at some point, students there. In my three years there, I was impressed to see that there were so many improvements made. Athletics became steadily better, teachers seemed to be more involved and cared for students, and the building had a lot of repairs to make it look a lot better! My overall experience with THS was a good one, and I am thankful for the time I was able to spend there.
- 5 days ago
Granite District's Taylorsville High School has generally a nice and comfortable atmosphere, with encouraging attitudes used to inspire the students to work hard in order to achieve their goals and dreams. The teachers vary between being well-versed in their subjects and teachers that feign being knowledgeable about the subject. Aside from the shortcomings of academics, there's plenty of elective classes such as ceramics, photography, journalism, JROTC, weight training as well as multifarious sports including swimming, golf, volleyball, wrestling, football and basketball. It's fun to be immersed in these sort of activities, though sometimes there tends to be an occasional assembly that are lackluster in that they attempt to arouse more spirit from the students by offering rewards or dares that are more aggravating than tempting. Otherwise, it's been overall a pleasure to partake in all three years.
- 11 days ago
My high school experience at Taylorsville has been great! The academics are excellent, the teachers are well educated and care to see you succeed. The school spirit is impeccable, thanks to the great student body. I'm proud to be a warrior.
- 6 days ago