Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Thompson High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A162 Students
- A152 Students
- A101 Students
- B97 Students
- B+74 Students
- C+73 Students
- A-58 Students
- A+47 Students
- C+41 Students
- A-33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 57 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Data not available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.37 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
Data not available
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
- Very Good104
Thompson had its ups and downs, but it was overall a good school to attend. As teenagers we love to compare things, including schools. Thompson was always a school others wished they went to compared to the high school they went to. A high majority of the teachers take pride in what they teach and will do everything in their capability to give you any extra help you may need. The classes are challenging which prepare the students for college. Several extra curricular activities are offered to those who may not be into sports. Administrators also care about our education, well being, and safety while on the school campus. High school was a tough, but memorable experience.
- 12 days ago
Thompson High School has been my home for the last 4 years. As I walked in on my first day of school, the teachers were welcoming and full of joy as they began to teach their passion. The administration does a great job with helping students and teachers pursue their goals and needs. The hallways are full of kids going to and from class and being able to surround myself with different personality types and different social views, has made me mature and grow as an individual. I feel prepared to leave and go out in the world, because of my teachers and parents guidance. I believe that high school is about learning to develope and find your identity in this world before you go off on your own to college. Thompson has succeeded that goal of mine and there is no place I'd rather have spent the last 4 years at.
- 3 months ago
During my time at this school, I have had both good and bad teachers. The good ones were amazing. I just finished my senior year and my English teacher was one of the sweetest teachers I have ever had. She was completely invested in her students' education and well-being. Most of my teachers were consistent with grading and communicating with their students. Two of my teachers, who taught math and physics, were incredibly knowledgeable in their field and were terrific at extending that knowledge. I always enjoyed their classes and always felt that I really learned something valuable each day. I would conclude that most of the teachers at this school are wonderful
- Niche User
- 8 months ago