Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Thompson Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-103 Students
- A-59 Students
- B58 Students
- C+47 Students
- A-34 Students
- B26 Students
- A-21 Students
- B+20 Students
- C+19 Students
- A+18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.10 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.10 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.18 responses
- Very Good61
My experience while at Thompson Valley was great. For four years I attended what I believe is the best high school in Loveland, Colorado. The students and staff are all kind and willing to make you a better person and student. The staff pushes you to be ready for the future whether you are going into a university, trade school, military, or right into the workforce the staff does it's best to prepare you for it all. While at Thompson Valley I developed friendships not only with students but also with faculty, that was one of my favorite things about Thompson is that the staff and teachers cared about you not as just a student but also as a person. The student body also was close, there isn't one superior group and for the most part they all get along. One thing I would change about Thompson Valley is the facilities. Thompson Valley needs updated facilities. I have heard of possible plans to update Thompson Valleys facilities but now there needs to be action towards it.
- 3 months ago
TVHS is a great school for all levels of students. The teachers and staff are very good at differentiating classes and material. There are a wide range of classes offered, and there are many amazing clubs (most of which are student-created and led). Of course there are a few sub-par teachers and a handful of "druggies", however I feel that it is the way our scho goes about handling things that deserves the attention, rather that the things themselves, because they exist everywhere. My school is welcoming and accomadating. Everyone can find a place to at TVHS to feel at home, and I think that is truly special.
- High School Sophomore
- Sep 19 2015
Our school is old, but it is kept clean. We are rated well in the nation for our AP courses and I have taken two as a junior. We have really knowledgeable AP teachers and they care about our success, even giving us tutoring after school hours. We have a great program called TVAC for tutoring our students during the school day. I think our guidance counselors are overworked, and do not have enough time to give the proper assistance to all of their students. They use a program called Naviance and seem to push off a lot of questions by asking us to use this program. I play two varsity sports and though are facilities are not the greatest, our parents have given a lot of time and raised funds, to improve our fields and courts! It is a great place to go to high school and I love it!
- High School Senior
- June 19 2014