Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Thomson High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Georgia106Students
- Georgia Regents University84Students
- Georgia Southern University68Students
- Georgia State University49Students
- Augusta Technical College45Students
- Georgia College & State University45Students
- Valdosta State University44Students
- Clayton State University32Students
- Kennesaw State University29Students
- East Georgia State College26Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
- Very Good44
Thomson High School is a school designed for academic excellence and success. I can say that almost 3 of my 4 years at this school were very satisfactory. However, the school has become very dictating as we received a new principal. I understand that sometimes drastic measures must be taken to ensure academic excellence. However, these new rules are causing the innocent students to suffer with everyone else. We are being rewarded more for good behavior than we have ever been. Winning biscuits for being on time, ice cream for good behavior and raffle tickets for big prizes. This perhaps is the way that the administration is awarding the good students.
- 8 days ago
The only thing in my opinion that is great at this school is the football atmosphere. Friday nights is all that matters in this city.
- High School Senior
- 2 months ago
I deffinetly would not choose this school to attend because discipline involving students and teachers is very poor. The administration does not follow through with anything they say they will and students think they can get away with anything because they can. Many teachers had given up on meeting standards because they simply did not care anymore or they were put in that place without the correct education. One thing that I will always remember about this school are the Friday nights in he brickyard! We have a great sports program at Thomson High school!
- High School Junior
- 5 months ago