Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+106 Students
- NG84 Students
- A-68 Students
- B+49 Students
- B-45 Students
- B+45 Students
- B-44 Students
- B-32 Students
- B-29 Students
- D+26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.18 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
- Very Good45
I deffinetly would not choose this school to attend because discipline involving students and teachers is very poor. The administration does not follow through with anything they say they will and students think they can get away with anything because they can. Many teachers had given up on meeting standards because they simply did not care anymore or they were put in that place without the correct education. One thing that I will always remember about this school are the Friday nights in he brickyard! We have a great sports program at Thomson High school!
- High School Junior
- 8 months ago
Thomson High School is a school designed for academic excellence and success. I can say that almost 3 of my 4 years at this school were very satisfactory. However, the school has become very dictating as we received a new principal. I understand that sometimes drastic measures must be taken to ensure academic excellence. However, these new rules are causing the innocent students to suffer with everyone else. We are being rewarded more for good behavior than we have ever been. Winning biscuits for being on time, ice cream for good behavior and raffle tickets for big prizes. This perhaps is the way that the administration is awarding the good students.
- 3 months ago
I would like to see the atmosphere of the school change. The school has a negative environment and many students do not treat teachers with respect. The level of disrespect had gone down this school year. In the past, most students had no respect for teachers, administrators, or any school official. I would love for the atmosphere of the school to be a positive, more encouraging environment than what it has been in the past. This school year has had small changes, but I would like to see changes throughout the majority of the school.
- 2 months ago