Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Topeka High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A194 Students
- B-142 Students
- A124 Students
- B58 Students
- B45 Students
- B-44 Students
- A+39 Students
- B+29 Students
- B28 Students
- B21 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
- Very Good112
Topeka High School is a school renowned for its diversity and its high student population. In my experiences, I have never encountered a bad teacher, and they know how important students are to the future generations. Academics are helpful to people, but certain limitations they implement have caused students to miss out on more of their desired knowledge. It is not wrong for students to pursue a subject for the benefit of their future. Clubs and activities are well planned, but the students lose interest or the motivation is at an all-time-low. Sure there are tons of clubs and activities, but most clubs have low student participation. What if these clubs were not just a "thing" for students to hang out and do whatever, but what if all clubs play a role in the outside society? Also, even if an activity has a high student count, does it provide a benefit? Cocoa and cram was supposed to be study time, but it got too loud that students can not study.
- 17 days ago
I would have chosen this school if I had the chance. Thankfully, my parents were already ready to sent me to this wonderful school. Topeka High School is one of the best because of everything there is to do in this school. For example, all the different clubs you can join, all the events you can watch or participate, and the traditions they keep (like running in the halls). I honestly suggest it to others to come to this school because the teachers and students make you feel welcomed. The amount of diversity in this school is great. We have a combination of people, from different cites, to state, and countries! I am glad I got to spend my high school years the way I did.
- High School Senior
- Aug 25 2015
Topeka High was a well fit for me. There is so much diversity and so many different kinds of people. The teachers really want the best for you and are willing to come in and work with you if you ask. I feel safe there, and it is a beautiful school!
- 24 days ago