Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Topeka High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Kansas194Students
- Washburn University142Students
- Kansas State University124Students
- Emporia State University58Students
- Allen County Community College45Students
- Wichita State University44Students
- University of Texas - Austin39Students
- University of Missouri - Kansas City29Students
- Baker University28Students
- Johnson County Community College21Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.29 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.47 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.47 responses
- Very Good112
Better communication from the school to the parents about what is going on day-to-day. The school offered very good honors courses and opportunities for kids to get college credit prior to graduating high school.
- 3 days ago
All 4 years here, it has been quite a crazy ride. I love the traditions that they keep from even when my dad went here and the feel of it is welcoming. The only downside is when it comes to students, yelling, fighting, or even bullying in the halls, the teachers don't really do anything. Most teachers do stand out by their door during passing time, and you would expect if something were to go down in the halls, they would step in, but no. Everyone just waits for the campus police to settle it while the problem continues.
- 23 days ago
I loved going to Topeka High. Most students are very friendly and accepting of everyone. There was an abundant amount of school spirit, great athletic teams, and caring people. When I first started I was very shy, and now I am very friendly and outgoing. I love everything about the school, especially the crazy traditions.
- Niche User
- 2 months ago