Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Sports & FitnessB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Torrance High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of California - Los Angeles236Students
- California State University - Long Beach210Students
- University of California - Irvine205Students
- University of Southern California164Students
- University of California - San Diego160Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara133Students
- El Camino College120Students
- University of California - Davis111Students
- University of California - Berkeley110Students
- California State University - Fullerton101Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.43 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.65 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.65 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.76 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.76 responses
- Very Good196
What I personally enjoyed in my experience at Torrance High School was the positive attitude towards special needs children. Although students may have been mean to each other, I never once met a scholar who was not willing to help out a special needs student whenever they needed it. Most of the kids at Torrance High were patient and understanding. What I did not like was the sometimes lack of respect from students to teachers and vice versa. Although I never experienced this first hand, I did have to see it occur multiple times throughout my 4 years. Teachers who were constantly trying to embarrass and shame students in front of their peers, students who were trying to act cool in front of their friends and disrespecting their elders; it was a frequent loop of disrespect that I really wish can be changed.
- 15 days ago
Very diverse and students and alumni take a lot of pride in being a Tartar. However, there aren't as many course options like they have at neighboring schools. Also, this school doesn't really walk students through the college application process. Sure they have a couple meetings, but it would be nice to have a workshop. Lastly, the administration here is horrible. Nobody ever tries to go to them when they have an issue because admins will just brush you off their shoulder.
- 25 days ago
I like how much I learned this school. I learned so much and learned it differently compared to another district I was in.
- High School Senior
- 1 month ago