Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyC
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Tuscaloosa County High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Alabama183Students
- Shelton State Community College98Students
- University of Alabama - Birmingham68Students
- Auburn University43Students
- Samford University39Students
- University of South Alabama38Students
- University of West Alabama25Students
- Mississippi State University20Students
- University of Georgia20Students
- Jacksonville State University19Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
- Very Good57
My experience at Tuscaloosa County High School was very limited. The people there are very hesitant towards diversity. They ask questions due to their limited understanding, which ultimately comes off very offensive. The ones who actually make it by with good grades and achievements only use their position to look down on others, seeking all the attention for themselves. The biggest problem is that the majority of people there are not very welcoming, and they only see things from one point of view. I am not placing the blame on the entire school; I just believe there are a million things that could be changed for the betterment of the school environment. I also am aware that no school is perfect. I am grateful for the education that I've been provided, and I do appreciate the memories I've made. And because I've noticed such flaws at my school, all I hope is that I've left somewhat of a positive imprint or difference on the people there.
- 7 days ago
This is a school that holds a place dear to my heart. Both of my siblings have graduated from here, and I will be the last of 3 to graduate. TCHS, to me is the best school in the county. The Southern influence is heavy, but not overbearing. The teachers are good at what they do and encourage the students to be the best they can be. If you struggle with something in class, don't hesitate to ask because they will always be there. the Class you graduate with is like one BIG fanmily! I love my Blue and White! Go Wildcats!!!!!
- 21 days ago
I say my school is the best because there are very memorable things at the school. There are people that doesn't care for the school but when they are away they miss it. I would change schools just to see how the other schools was but other than that I wouldn't change my school. The football and basketball games are so much fun with friends, especially the rival and rain games.
- High School Senior
- 2 months ago