Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Upland High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of California - Los Angeles182Students
- California State Polytechnic University - Pomona147Students
- California State University - Fullerton135Students
- University of Southern California134Students
- University of California - Irvine127Students
- San Diego State University126Students
- University of California - San Diego125Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara124Students
- University of California - Riverside118Students
- Chaffey College110Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.88 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.92 responses
- Very Good226
Everyday I enjoyed walking into a positive environment but despite this, there was an eagerness to study. Studying is two complex ways that define a student. One of them being memorization and the other actually retaining the information you studied beyond the test. At Upland High School, our teachers told us many times to study for the test. Teachers did not tell their students to study and actually learn so we could do well but just to focus on the test. This led to loss information and took a while for myself to change my habits of studying. The best thing of this all was that some teachers did show students like myself how to study. In summer school, my governement teacher slammed multiple quizzes at us each week, forcing myself to study like no other. In geometry, the teacher made the subject so enjoyable that I wanted to learn. If more teachers could teach motivation and the proper way to study at my school, there would be higher gpas' and an increased graduate rate.
- 2 months ago
My experience at the high school was a fun time. I had fun in the swim team and the several volunteering clubs at the school. I made several diverse friends and enjoy my teachers. However, he school has several characteristics I find concerning such as the various fights that break out at my school and the poor condition of the restroom facilities. Constantly the restrooms at the school have been vandalized and sometimes when I walk in I could smell smoke from cigarettes or marijuana. Overall, I think that my experience at school so far it quite enjoyable.
- 29 days ago
My AVID teacher, Mr. Carrasco, who teaches Government, Economy and AVID, is one of the best teachers at Upland High School. It is noticeable that he truly cares about every single student he has, especially his AVID students. The AVID program, Advance Via Individual Determination, helps students as a College readiness program. Mr. Carrasco has been my teacher since Freshman year and has supported me throughout the years of high school. Mr. Carrasco is considered a strict but also enjoyable teacher to have. He definitely engages into the lessons he is teaching, which is a reason why he is my favorite teacher. His consistency of grading is pretty fair and accurate, if you do all your homework and study for test, it is possible to acquire a passing grade.
- High School Junior
- 7 months ago