Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Upland High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of California - Los Angeles182Students
- California State Polytechnic University - Pomona147Students
- California State University - Fullerton135Students
- University of Southern California134Students
- University of California - Irvine127Students
- San Diego State University126Students
- University of California - San Diego125Students
- University of California - Santa Barbara124Students
- University of California - Riverside118Students
- Chaffey College110Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.88 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.92 responses
- Very Good223
It is a large school with a variety of different people. There are tons of opportunities just waiting to be found in the school and it seems that there is a place for everyone so long as they look for it. It can some times feel a little too large to where people who been there for 4 years still don't know a certain building exists.
- 12 days ago
The school should have had more spirit. The school become less fun this year (2017), they take out the tradition of our rally, it used to be fun when we have rally but now it is really boring. They should have kept the tradition ( the spirits yell for each class) and let student perform more during rally not just announcing the athletes.
- 15 days ago
Everyday I enjoyed walking into a positive environment but despite this, there was an eagerness to study. Studying is two complex ways that define a student. One of them being memorization and the other actually retaining the information you studied beyond the test. At Upland High School, our teachers told us many times to study for the test. Teachers did not tell their students to study and actually learn so we could do well but just to focus on the test. This led to loss information and took a while for myself to change my habits of studying. The best thing of this all was that some teachers did show students like myself how to study. In summer school, my governement teacher slammed multiple quizzes at us each week, forcing myself to study like no other. In geometry, the teacher made the subject so enjoyable that I wanted to learn. If more teachers could teach motivation and the proper way to study at my school, there would be higher gpas' and an increased graduate rate.
- 23 days ago