Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
Upland High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+182 Students
- B147 Students
- B+135 Students
- A+134 Students
- A127 Students
- A-126 Students
- A125 Students
- A+124 Students
- A-118 Students
- C+110 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.53 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.53 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.60 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.88 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.88 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.92 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.92 responses
- Very Good228
Overall, I had a good experience here. Most of the teachers cared for their students and I only had a few that were overly tough or unreasonable. I felt very safe on the campus especially because of the surrounding gates. The people who work in the office are all friendly and will help you with anything you need. The counselours are always busy and its hard to find time to go and speak to them, but my counselor was always friendly during the mandatory sessions. The campus itself is large and well kept, so it was always a nice experience walking around the campus. We have a great football team and some very talented athletes at this school!
- 1 month ago
Everyday I enjoyed walking into a positive environment but despite this, there was an eagerness to study. Studying is two complex ways that define a student. One of them being memorization and the other actually retaining the information you studied beyond the test. At Upland High School, our teachers told us many times to study for the test. Teachers did not tell their students to study and actually learn so we could do well but just to focus on the test. This led to loss information and took a while for myself to change my habits of studying. The best thing of this all was that some teachers did show students like myself how to study. In summer school, my governement teacher slammed multiple quizzes at us each week, forcing myself to study like no other. In geometry, the teacher made the subject so enjoyable that I wanted to learn. If more teachers could teach motivation and the proper way to study at my school, there would be higher gpas' and an increased graduate rate.
- 4 months ago
My experience at the high school was a fun time. I had fun in the swim team and the several volunteering clubs at the school. I made several diverse friends and enjoy my teachers. However, he school has several characteristics I find concerning such as the various fights that break out at my school and the poor condition of the restroom facilities. Constantly the restrooms at the school have been vandalized and sometimes when I walk in I could smell smoke from cigarettes or marijuana. Overall, I think that my experience at school so far it quite enjoyable.
- 2 months ago