Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Upper Darby Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-355 Students
- A+291 Students
- A-253 Students
- A+245 Students
- B+189 Students
- B-150 Students
- A118 Students
- B-115 Students
- A86 Students
- B-76 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.49 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.67 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.84 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.84 responses
- Very Good196
Teachers at my school are fairly nice and some genuinely care about the subjects that they are teaching. I have never really meet a teacher at Upper Darby who isn't willing to stay after school and help a group of students or an individual who is struggling. Yes, there are some teachers who don't really want to be there or care for what they are teaching, but at the same time a majority of the teachers are fantastic!
- High School Senior
- 5 months ago
Upper Darby High School offers a large variety of clubs and extracurricular activities. Personally, I participate in the following: choir, orchestra, our volleyball team, anti-bullying club, french tutoring, National English Honor Society, freshman tour guide (ROC), environmental club, varsity club, and many others. Overall, all of these clubs offer something different and unique. Our music program is known across the nation and produces students with college level educations and experiences. Our sports programs also allow student athletes to play the games they know and love while working with experienced coaches and trainers. Basically, all of our organizations are participated in heavily by our student body. Not only are they successful programs because of the coaches and teachers, but also because if the effort the students put in to make them great!
- High School Junior
- Feb 21 2015
My experience at Upper Darby High School has been amazing. I am currently a senior and I would like to say that my journey had been a fairly challenging yet fun one. When I moved into this school at the end of winter 2013, I was worried because I was from a different state and my freshman year experience was not too great. However, UDHS exposed me to a diverse group and led me to learn more. With over 4000 students in the school, UDHS sounds very crowded but the interior is perfectly organized. The rules and regulations are simple yet obeyed. Students from different cultures and ethnicities offer the dignity that UDHS has. Each and every teacher, staff and student are respectful. UDHS looks after every individual student and makes sure that all of their necessities are fulfilled. High School has never been this similar to one's own home. If you are looking for 4 years of excellent academics and a safe environment, UDHS is the right place for you.
- 4 months ago