Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA+
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Vestavia Hills High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Auburn University152Students
- University of Alabama150Students
- University of Alabama - Birmingham114Students
- Samford University62Students
- Vanderbilt University54Students
- Birmingham-Southern College37Students
- University of South Alabama37Students
- University of Texas - Austin36Students
- Duke University29Students
- University of Georgia27Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.35 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
- Very Good76
Honestly, as a black girl at Vestavia, there is some slight racism from a few students, but I love this school. Since I came from a small town private school, Vestavia has helped me prepare for college, come out of my shell, and learn new things. With the wide selection of courses, clubs, and extracurricular activities, I am never bored nor ill prepared. If you feel different, which I did at first, you have to find friends that you have things in common with- they are kind of easy to find. They sometimes will flock to you. Sports are a really big thing in Vestavia and football season is to die for! All the teachers help you in anything you have a problem with and there's also peer tutoring as well! Overall I give my school an 8/10.
- 23 days ago
Vestavia Hills High School gives a great education, but they expect all students to be on the same level and same method of learning. The students have the tendency to make you feel inadequate or stupid if a 4.0 average does't come naturally. Most students are up until 3 AM finishing homework. There are some fun traditions like Vestapalooza and relay for life which include more than just the football team. The theatre and choir departments are on the upward slope and finally getting credibility in the eyes of the town and administration.
- 14 days ago
Vestavia Hills High has been an amazing experience for high school. The teachers are honestly the best part. They care about your concerns and grades as much as you do or should. The rules are very fair and I feel vey comfortable in the halls. The majority of the students are beyond helpful and accepting of all races. I think this school is unique because it involves every single student in a club or organization. We have clubs for every aspect of ones personality. This variety is my favorite thing about Vestavia! Go Rebels!
- High School Senior
- Nov 10 2015