Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA-
- Sports & FitnessC
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Walter Payton College Prep Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign192Students
- Northwestern University126Students
- University of Chicago110Students
- University of Wisconsin110Students
- University of Michigan - Ann Arbor105Students
- University of Pennsylvania77Students
- University of Southern California74Students
- Stanford University72Students
- DePaul University71Students
- Vanderbilt University68Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
- Very Good114
I'm very privileged to go to this school. It has lots of connections and resources; Ex: Each year Global Navigators sets aside a minimum of about $10,000 for Payton students and last summer, 20 students traveled with CIEE. Most of the teachers are very passionate and happy to help but often, it has to be on your own initiative. The school culture is okay. There isn't much severe bullying and much of the student body is educated with regards to social issues. Of course, there are exceptions. The environment often feels cold and cliquish and more competitive than collaborative. I'm not a big fan of the counseling department because its members have often come off as careless and there have been times I was blown off, had my questions for help unanswered, and had random racial remarks made at me. Other than that, I think this school has prepared me well for college. The school is trying to fix these problems and I have faith that its culture can improve with time.
- 14 days ago
Who wouldn't do it again? Despite the small campus, going to Payton has broadened my horizons more so than I originally thought it could. It's incredibly diverse, whether that's racially, politically, etc - Payton has some of everything. And with our new building, only more great experiences are bound to occur for everyone.
- High School Senior
- 2 months ago
I loved the environment and the people I got to experience while at this school. Everyone is driven, but supportive. It was a very inspiring network to be apart of and I'd do it all over again if I had to.
- Niche User
- 4 months ago