Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Watauga High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-153 Students
- A+89 Students
- A86 Students
- B+58 Students
- B+50 Students
- C42 Students
- A+38 Students
- B+34 Students
- B-29 Students
- A-26 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.22 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Data not available
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
- Very Good81
Watauga High School has amazing facilities and the ability to push their students to being some of the best in the country. The campus is beautiful and well maintained, and the equipment each classroom is given access to is phenomenal. The teachers are mostly passionate, but the curriculum binds them into teaching a narrow field. The administration has many flaws, but it's being worked out as we speak. Our sports facilities and coaches are wonderful and motivated. Watauga High is one of the best high schools in the state, and I would recommend anyone bring their kid here to learn!
- 1 month ago
Watauga High School is very different yet similar to other high schools. The school itself has a lot of clubs and activities. Our sports program is one of the best in our region. Although our music program struggles finding the money to keep it running it is still winning awards of supremacy in all musical categories including jazz band, all choral classes, band and marching band. Every year during Christmas our Choral classes join in the commons area and sing one of their pieces of music that they have learned. We are one of the schools who has very little fighting incidents. I would go to this school again because, it is very fun and educational.
- High School Sophomore
- 12 months ago
This is a very friendly, safe, highly educated school filled with students that strive to do their very best. Students are welcoming to new-comers. Watauga High School does have a school resource officer that makes sure the high school is as safe as possible, at all times. It is an honor to be taught here, because all of the teachers, as well as the students, are held to their highest standards.
- 2 months ago