Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Waunakee High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+104 Students
- A+40 Students
- B+30 Students
- B+29 Students
- B25 Students
- B20 Students
- A18 Students
- B17 Students
- B17 Students
- C+16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.17 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.17 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
- Very Good86
So far in my third year attending Waunakee High School I have enjoyed it. Almost everyone gets along with each other. We have outstanding teachers and very academically strong students. The best part so far has been that we just got an Innovation Center!
- 1 month ago
Going to highschool at Waunakee High School has been a great experience but also a not so great experience. In the beginning of highschool there were rumors that there was freshman initiation, in which some sophomores took a part in; that was one memory why I wouldn't choose this school again. Other than a few bad experiencse and a lot of drama with friends, I loved my experience at Waunakee High School. They provided a great environment for students and learning; they provided personal student tutors, a writing center and a contact time, where you can sit down with teachers and get help. They provide many clubs and organizations for students to get involved in; which I did, I joined DECA and HERO Club. Along with being a class officer my freshman and sophomore year. My favorite experiences would have to be going to sports events (mostly Friday night lights), going to prom and homecoming and being able to be a part of the Varsity Girls Soccer team, which feels like a second family to me.
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
The health classes need to teach about more forms of birth control than abstinence. People will have sex, and they need to know. And they should teach more than heterosexual sex because surprise! Gay people exist.
- High School Junior
- Dec 29 2015