Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
West Forsyth High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A122 Students
- A+119 Students
- B+112 Students
- A-108 Students
- B+81 Students
- B+78 Students
- B+66 Students
- A+64 Students
- B56 Students
- A+53 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.43 responses
- Very Good92
Teachers at West Forsyth are amazing! They all have different teaching styles which keeps the students engaged throughout the school day. If students are struggling in a class they will help the student by staying extra hours before or after work. But in order for them to help students, students must speak to them before, after, or during class or emailing. At West we have some teachers straight out of college, some that have their Masters degree, or even their PhD so they are all very well knowledgeable. Grading my take awhile because of the large number of students that attend the school but we get grades back in a timely manner.
- High School Senior
- 10 months ago
This school is super good. The teacher here make teaching in a fun way ! They never have you bored no matter what they have a fun way to teach the course. Many teacher here always offer you their help! Even if you don't needed their always offering really awesome. The campus is a really nice place, its big open space ! Walk a lot but it helps exercise. Our athletes including my self we work hard for what we have accomplished and not just is ! Everyone at the school works hard to get to where we are at right now ! We're second in the state and we are working hard to get to #1
- High School Senior
- 11 months ago
I was a student teacher at West Forsyth. I was constantly looked down from other staff members because of my muslim background. One of the students in my class called 911 when I was teaching and supposedly there was some "bomb threat." Instead of the student being disciplined for his or her behavior, I was terminated. The principal, Charles Mcaninch, and the teacher I was working with, Kirsten Russ, discriminated against me because of my background. They didn't give me a chance to explain myself and I never even met the principal, but I was terminated from my position because I was not welcomed at the school due to my background. In 2016, it is a disgrace what this school did.
- Niche User
- 1 month ago