Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB
West High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C146 Students
- A+53 Students
- A+51 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+39 Students
- A+38 Students
- A+37 Students
- A+34 Students
- C+33 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.27 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Data not available
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
- Very Good106
Again, there's many options in curriculum and the style of education you choose to pursue. From online courses, half days at king career center, IB, AP, highly gifted, and courses for non-native english speakers, West has many options. Likewise, whatever route you head down (combined with your work ethic and procrastination level) is what determines your workload. As far as a class to recommend, I'd take choir, considering the choir at West is driven and successful while having one of the best teachers I've ever worked with in my life. Ms. Green is motivated, enthusiastic, driven, passionate, very knowledgable about what she does, and always on the look-out for what is best for her students. Olito for chemistry definitely gets you learning, and I've heard great things about Vano for IB lit/IB history of the americas as well.
- High School Sophomore
- 12 months ago
Teachers at west are very helpful and are always available for students! If you work with them and are engaged in the classroom, they'll put full effort into making sure you understand the lessons within the course.
- Niche User
- 9 months ago
There are many opportunities at West for gifted education, like the International Baccalaureate program, the Highly Gifted program, and many other AP classes. The teachers for those classes are all very engaging and caring and just overall wonderful teachers. The other teachers tend to not be of the same quality, from what I've experienced.
- High School Senior
- 6 months ago