Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB-
- Sports & FitnessB
- Resources & FacilitiesC
West Jessamine High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Kentucky95Students
- Eastern Kentucky University59Students
- Asbury University39Students
- Bluegrass Community & Technical College29Students
- Western Kentucky University28Students
- Morehead State University25Students
- University of Louisville25Students
- Bellarmine University17Students
- Transylvania University14Students
- Vanderbilt University14Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.15 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.14 responses
- Very Good30
Could loose some kids who don't care.
- High School Junior
- 7 months ago
I loved going to this school because i was in marching band and we are a huge family.
- High School Senior
- 7 months ago
While high school is about academics, for me, athletics were a big part of my high school career. Participating with the soccer team and being on the cheer team is what motivated me to keep my grades up and do well in classes with the hopes of attending a university on an athletic scholarship. Sadly, my high school did not accept athletics, especially cheerleading, as something they should put effort into. Due to the fact that our secretary wanted the head coaching job and another girl got the job over her, they stopped supporting the cheerleaders. My senior year they fired our coach, giving no reason, and also breaking many bylaws in the process. The coach they hired was no other than the secretary who wanted the job 3 years ago. It was my senior year and I was determined not to let the new coach ruin the year for me. Sadly, as hard as I tried, this would not happen. Being cussed at, told I should no longer be a cheerleader, getting punished for activities the other girls did, finally took a toll on me. After football season, I stopped cheering for my school. This was a hard choice for me, but was made because of the bullying I was receiving from the Coach and the fact that her bullying started to affect my mental well-being. I never dreamed I would no longer feel safe in my school environment, but because our administration constantly turned a blind eye to the bullying that was taking place, I lost all security in attending school. Panic attacks, anxiety and depression all but stopped me from graduating high school, but I over came them with the help of others. It is a shame that one, power hungry, person can continue doing this without being stopped.
- Niche User
- 8 months ago