Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Western Alamance High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+66 Students
- A+65 Students
- A64 Students
- B-46 Students
- A-46 Students
- B+44 Students
- B+35 Students
- B+33 Students
- A+24 Students
- B+23 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
- Very Good69
Overall my experience at Western has been good. The staff is helpful and they all seem to want to help us succeed. I felt like I fit in with the students and faculty. Sometimes the facilities did need some attentions and sometimes the food is not very good. Overall the school is great and the athletics are great! There are so many ways to get involved!
- 2 months ago
The teachers overall are great! There are some teachers that do not meet certain expectations, but the other teachers make up for that. The teachers do their best to fill the ninety minute class time and engage the students in learning the material.
- Niche User
- 12 months ago
Western is reasonably good depending on if you choose to become involved and take AP classes. The athletics are pretty good, although sports besides football have trouble get funding. Most of the clubs are similar to FBLA, FFA, DECLA, and the like. We have an active music and theatre department. The band is reallt great, and the students in those programs have a really good time. The choruses and theatre dept. do a lot of stuff but aren't as good. Many of the classes below AP level are taught by teachers who don't care that much, but there are some really great teachers and classes you can take especially after your freshmen year. Western is pretty homogenous and rural, but you can have a really good experience if you makes the right choices as to what you're doing there.
- High School Junior
- 11 months ago