Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessA+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA+
Westlake High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+420 Students
- A+183 Students
- A+116 Students
- A+113 Students
- A-110 Students
- A-87 Students
- A+86 Students
- A+85 Students
- A+84 Students
- B+83 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.27 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.27 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.31 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.49 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.49 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Data not available
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.55 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.55 responses
- Very Good158
I think overall, the students at Westlake feel pressured to do better. Freshmen are taking all Advanced Placement classes and Juniors feel like they don't have enough time in the day to do all of the tasks required of them. I think overall, Westlake is a great school if your kid wants to excel in everything. Socially, it is a little hard to fit into, but once senior year comes around, you are pretty much friends with everybody. The teachers here are excellent, especially in AP classes. One tip I would have is to not focus all four years on getting that "perfect gpa", because honestly, that is not the only factor that gets you into college - so chill! My time at Westlake was great, the school spirit is fantastic, even when the sports teams are not. Go Chaps!
- 3 months ago
Westlake High School is a top-notch school where students truly go over the top to be the best. Teachers and students care about education and academics are highly stressed. Many students not only are dedicated to their work but also participate in many extracurricular activities as well. Teachers are renowned for their teaching and high rates of success in standardized testing. The environment is serious, while occasionally too high-pressure, students motivate each other to do well.
- 3 months ago
I think Westlake is a very inclusive and open-minded campus with superb academics. Many students are very active both in and outside the classroom, with a majority participating in one or more extracurricular activities. A lot of students participate in athletics or in the performing arts, and there is also a ton of clubs to join and be a part of. There is, however, a high stress environment at Westlake that is very intense. This is mostly due to the fact that a lot of Westlake students are very high achieving and are very studious.
- 13 days ago