Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Wetumpka High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-82 Students
- A77 Students
- A70 Students
- B+69 Students
- A43 Students
- B26 Students
- A-22 Students
- C20 Students
- A+16 Students
- B-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.12 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.12 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.14 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.14 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
- Very Good31
There are a plenty of extra-curricular activities and sports for students to be a part of. Teachers are well educated and have more than prepared me for college. The advanced and AP classes have challenged me to do my personal best. Safety is no concern because we always have a police officer on campus in case of emergency. The administration tries to do their best to help the school overall, but sometimes they seem to not completely interact with the students as the young adults they are being taught to become. I believe there needs to be more of a mutual respect. They are, in my opinion, concerned with extraneous issues such as parking and dress code rather than bigger ones such as academics and behavior. As far as facilities are concerned, one set of girls bathrooms do not have locks on them and there always seems to be a shortage of toilet paper, soap, or paper towels. We have resources such as Smart boards and computer labs, but a lot of it is outdated and doesn't run properly.
- 3 months ago
My experience at Wetumpka High School has been a rollercoaster. There's always fights and students doing promiscious things in the bathrooms. I would like to see those thing changed. However, there are many clubsthat I wa involved in and loved. My grades are extremely well, but more than half of my grade is failing. The school would not even let us go to pep rallies sometimes, because a lot of my grade was failing. There is diverse group of people there definately, which can be both good and bad. They have many food options every day that are great too. Overall, Wetumpka High School definatly needs some changes.
- 2 months ago
Wetumpka High School based out of Wetumpka, AL, is a dedicated school with a varying degree of diversity and opportunity. They have had many students go on to become engineers, politicians, and even trained chefs. They have many outlets for the arts, athletics, science and mathematics. Overall, Wetumpka is a school that tries very hard to give students what they need.
- Niche User
- 2 months ago