Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB-
- Sports & FitnessB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
White River High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Western Washington University71Students
- University of Washington65Students
- Central Washington University62Students
- Washington State University61Students
- Eastern Washington University55Students
- Pierce College at Puyallup33Students
- Pacific Lutheran University32Students
- Green River Community College27Students
- Seattle University23Students
- Gonzaga University19Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.21 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
- Very Good52
White River High School offers a very inclusive atmosphere for those with disabilities, from enabling them to participate in unified sports and interacting with peers in a typical classroom setting. However, I wish the close-minded ways of some students would change. It can be unsettling hearing derogatory terms being yelled in the hallway, most often as jokes but can be easily taken in a negative way. Changing this mindset of students and influencing an inclusive and positive attitude would lead our school onto a path of improvement.
- 9 days ago
One great thing about this school is the acceptance. This school is filled with such a wide variety of people; people of all different genders, races, abilities, interests, talents, etc.. So many different kinds of people wander through the halls of this school. The wonderful thing though is that all of these assorted people help out one another and are there for one another and friends with one another despite their differences. The supportive, accepting, compassionate environment at this school is something that makes it very unique. We've had multiple students with learning disabilities be dance royalty and everyone in this school celebrates and learns with those who are struggling or outsiders or different as if they didn't even know they were different. In a nutshell, love is something that makes this school great.
- High School Senior
- 3 months ago
there are many opportunities to make a difference here. we have different organizations that we can become apart of, and we are very focused on our encouraging our special needs students to join many activities at school. i had a good experience there with the staff and the way the school was ran. i would still choose this school because i feel it offered me everything i needed to succeed.
- Niche User
- 8 months ago