Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Wilbur Cross High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- Southern Connecticut State University100Students
- University of Connecticut99Students
- Yale University86Students
- University of New Haven60Students
- Quinnipiac University57Students
- Gateway Community College - Connecticut44Students
- Central Connecticut State University40Students
- Western Connecticut State University35Students
- New York University27Students
- Albertus Magnus College25Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.37 responses
- Very Good64
I stayed at Wilbur Cross High school for the 4 years of my high school career.It was a great experience, every year was something great In Wilbur cross, there's so many sports to play in, which is either spring or fall sports, everyone and anyone can join and be competitive and passionate about the sport they play in. Although they have many sport programs, there's many other activates to do, such as music programs, Dance programs, art programs, acting, drama, etc, many clubs for different people. Our school has a college and career center where our guidance counselors help us out with college applications, our college essays, help us out with FAFSA and much more. Our school has the most honors, and AP classes in our city, a lot of classes from physics, to web design, to computer science, to auto shops, culinary etc . " Cross Pride".
- 22 days ago
WIlbur Cross high school is the under-dog. With the most AP classes, and the highest rate of students not being able to read at a high school level its a hard balance. You can meet students that transferred from the most prestige private schools, and a student who family's just came to the U.S.A as refugees. You can meet student who break down the most complex forms of shake spear and hamlet, and students who can not speak a word of English but has 3 other languages in their pockets. Wilbur Cross is a meeting ground to so many different people and even with being the underdog, Wilbur Cross always finds that balance.
- 3 months ago
There are various clubs and organizations for all students to choose from. There are support clubs like best buddies and true colors for students feeling lost in such a big community, there are trade clubs like culinary teams, photography clubs, and hospitality programs like KHAIR. There are also clubs to express yourself like debate team, school newspaper and student magazine.
- High School Senior
- 6 months ago