Overall Niche Grade
- College ReadinessB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Winder-Barrow High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+169 Students
- NG103 Students
- B+73 Students
- B-66 Students
- A-58 Students
- C+50 Students
- C42 Students
- B-42 Students
- C+38 Students
- B-31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
- Very Good84
This high school in particular was a football-based high school. They did their best to bump up honor graduate students counts (which was very easy since they kept making their education easier and easier) and then brag about it. The school did not do their best in order to prepare students for college. In fact, they did the bare minimum. What ever this school could do in order to bump up the popularity of the high school football team (lower the funds of the music classes such as band and choir, lower the funds for other sports, etc.) then they had no problem doing it. Would recommend sending advanced students to a different high school.
- 3 months ago
Winder is known for it's nice and welcoming atmosphere. It is not the typical high school with cliques and fights. Everyone seems to get a long with everyone and there are rarely ever any fights. My favorite high school memory is cheering on my doggs under those friday night lights! Here at Winder, we spell bulldoggs with double "gg" for double the effort! If I had to, I would choose my school again and do it all over again.
- High School Senior
- Oct 12 2015
For the most part, the extracurricular activities is good. We have a variety of sports that people can choose from. This past year a lot more teams has showed out. The football has been the focus as well as all of our cheerleading teams which includes competitive cheer and our diamond doggs (our girl's softball team) the net doggs (our boys tennis team) the girls basketball team the volleyball team the wrestling, swimming, and cross country team. They really worked hard this year. We do have a lot of creative and artsy people too in our school. This year I had been involved in the play Grease. It was the most sold out show that they have ever had in two nights. Our academic clubs such as FBLA and student council and a few others had gained some great recognition as well too this year.
- Niche User
- 7 months ago