Overall Niche Grade
- Clubs & ActivitiesC
- Health & SafetyB
- Sports & FitnessB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
Winder-Barrow High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- University of Georgia169Students
- University of North Georgia103Students
- Georgia State University73Students
- Kennesaw State University66Students
- Georgia Southern University58Students
- Georgia Gwinnett College50Students
- University of North Georgia - Gainesville42Students
- Valdosta State University42Students
- Brenau University38Students
- University of West Georgia31Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on the rate of disciplinary actions and student and parent reviews.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.43 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.43 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on expenses per student, number of sports offered, and student and parent reviews.
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.46 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.46 responses
- Very Good83
This high school in particular was a football-based high school. They did their best to bump up honor graduate students counts (which was very easy since they kept making their education easier and easier) and then brag about it. The school did not do their best in order to prepare students for college. In fact, they did the bare minimum. What ever this school could do in order to bump up the popularity of the high school football team (lower the funds of the music classes such as band and choir, lower the funds for other sports, etc.) then they had no problem doing it. Would recommend sending advanced students to a different high school.
- 4 days ago
I love the small school environment and how they care about the students. The teachers are always willing to help students in need whether it be academic or even family life. I am a student athlete and my teachers are all supportive of me - they come to sporting events to cheer us on and really care about our success.
- 4 days ago
I loved the experiences. I wouldn't take it back for anything but I just feel like they didn't too much care about our futures as a whole.
- Niche User
- 3 months ago